29 May ’10 Senate Inquiry – closes 25 June
SENATE INQUIRY INTO THE ADMINISTRATION AND REPORTING OF NAPLAN TESTING.
Submissions are due by 25 June 2010. The Committee reports to the Senate on 13 August,2010.
Send submission as an attachment to : email@example.com
[My submission of 8 June is No.20 on website above. Just substiutute 'submissions' for 'info'.]
PLEASE M AKE SURE THAT YOU SEND YOURS ASAP
Comment is invited on my suggestions…
1. Abandon blanket testing completely. It is too dangerous for school life.
2. Consider an Australia-wide start to compulsory schooling from the beginning of the year that a child turns seven years of age.
3. Entrench seven years of schooling for primary pupils, called Year 1, Year 2 etc.
4. Undertake a wide-scale discussion on shared parent-pupil-teacher evaluation methods.
5. All Principals’ groups to be encouraged and supported to conduct their own in-service courses on current issues relating to NAPLAN ; and on Administrative Ethics and Professional Care of Pupils.
6. Talk to school people about methods of improving what-it-is that needs improvement in the place of unilateral political decisions.